Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bugaboo Tutorial - Z Fold with a Twist

Good Morning.  It's tutorial time at Bugaboo Stamps and it's my turn to host.  I'm excited because I have finally sat down and created the tutorial for the Z-Fold with a twist card that I made so long ago.  

I used the super adorable Sewing Bears - Thread on the front of my card.  I know, I know...it looks like a regular Z-fold card, but there is a surprise twist there for you - keep looking.





See the twist?  Isn't that cool?!!  I thought so.  If you're like me there is never enough writing space on cards so here is a way to add some added space or you could create a pocket back here and include a gift card or cash.  See?!!

So here's what you need to do to create the card.


1 - Start with an 8 x 11 piece of card-stock. 



2 - Score on the 8 inch side at 4 inches.  


3 - On the 11 inch side score at 2.75 & 5.5



4 - Cut off the two right smaller pieces.



5 - Now fold on your score lines and decorate.

I'm visual so here's a couple of photos to illustrate what I am talking about.


These photos represent the steps 1 thru 4.  (I added pencil lines so you could see the score marks, you don't need to mark anything when you make yours.)


These photos represent how you will fold everything.

I hope this helps and you'll give it a try.  I would love to see what you do with this, so please add your link to the comments section.  I want to see!!!!

Take care.



Challenges entered:
Creative Card Crew - Teddy Bears
Die Cuttin' Divas - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs -Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door -Anything Goes 



free logo - http://www.sparklee.com

8 comments:

  1. This is such a cool design!! I love the extra spot for additional space on your card!! Must try it out! Thanks so much for sharing! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! Also a great way to use the entire sheet. TFS! Can't wait to create one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it this is wonderful, and your card card is adorable. Thanks for sharing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic design!! Thanks for sharing the "how to" steps, and for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenges! Melissa DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant, I might give it a try.
    Thank you for playing along in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card love the image. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew with our Teddy Bear Picnic challenge hugs Tania xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the inspiration Lawren. I gave you a shout out! http://papercraftingparadise.blogspot.com/2013/11/tag-im-it.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! Thank for playing with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete