Friday, June 21, 2013

Fun Friday!

Good Morning!  I have been a busy busy bee this week. In addition to making my design team projects, I have pulled out my sewing machine once again and have been sewing!  (Sewing is my first craft love).  

Pinterest is addictive and I had been seeing aprons, aprons, aprons all over Pinterest.  Many people were making aprons without patterns (WHOA!).  I have been sewing for years but I always use a pattern and after checking out some patterns at JoAnn's I decided I could sew without a pattern too.

Look what I made.  I combined two different tutorials to create the ruffled-bib apron.


The denim is a pant leg from a pair of jeans I cut off a while ago.  It was too long for the bib so I made pockets for the bib from the excess.  The ruffles at the bottom are scraps from various projects I had made over the years. 

My daughter wasn't impressed as I was making the apron, but once it was finished she decided it was too cute! And now she wants it - NOT!!!!

My next project was a fabric basket.


I love how this turned out.  I still need to iron it because it's very puffy.  I made this one from a Fat Quarter.  I really wanted to see if I could do it and I CAN!  I need to buy some sturdier interfacing to help give more shape to the basket, but overall I love it.

For the ruffled apron portion, here is the tutorial I followed.
Here is the basket, minus the handles and the quilted sides. Since I didn't put handles, I was able to fold down the top of the basket.

That was fun.  I have some more sewing projects going at the moment, so you will see more.

Take care.


Challenges entered:
My All Crafts Challenge - "Show what can you create"

Inspire Me Fridays– Anything Goes!



free logo - http://www.sparklee.com



4 comments:

  1. impressive! both are super cute (and so is your model) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawren, that is super SUPER cute, makes me almost want to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...Fabulous projects... I adore the apron Love the ruffles! & the bag is Gorgeous.. Love the colours! Thank you for joining us at All Crafts Challenge... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Lauren! I love the way it turned out!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete