Monday, April 15, 2013

Hostess Monday at Digital Delights

It's Hostess Monday at Digital Delights and I'm the hostess.  I am always on the look out for fun images that I can pair with an easy gift to delight friends and family.
So today I created a card with Digital Delights Laid Back Lucy and the Let's Party Sentiment. She was perfect for a margarita gift basket I am putting together for a friend. Some inexpensive margarita glasses from the Dollar store, margarita mix and a pretty little basket and you have a great gift.
 
 
The flowers on my card are from my stash;  I've had them for years.  Finally dug them out, dusted them off and freshened them up with some tacky tape and glitter. Don't forget about your old stash, you purchased them at one time or another for a reason.

I have one more tip for you.  See that pendant shape on my card?  I created that with a square punch.  You can purchase all the fancy dies that are available on the market or you can make your stash work for you.  Just cut a strip of paper and position it in your punch so the corner of the square creates your pendant shape.
  Here, let me show you.
Thanks for joining me today.  Take care.


Challenges entered:
Catered Crop - Add Glitter
Digi Makeover Challenge - Girly
 
free logo - http://www.sparklee.com


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Lawren and some fab tips too!~
    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Lawren! Would love to see how you put together your margarita basket to complement your pretty card!

    Great tip for the pendant shape -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Lawren. Beautifully designed and I also love every element you used xx

    ReplyDelete