Monday, February 25, 2013

Really Down in the Dumps....



Hello all.  I don't even know where to start.  I've been looking at this blank screen for 20 minutes.  It's really rough around here these days  and this weekend was really hard.  If you read my blog from time to time you know I've been out of work since October.  I try not to harp on it because there isn't anything I can do about it; I am looking, I am applying, I am praying for something to open up.  My car was repossessed over the weekend.  I knew it was happening; I had called and told them to come get it.  But knowing it doesn't prepare you for the sadness that follows.  Watching your life that you've worked hard for implode is not easy.  I am still very blessed.  My daughter and I still have life, health and strength.  God still provides a way, every day. We have some really great neighbors who help us get where we need to be.  We'll make it with God's help.

I'm sorry, I wasn't intending on sharing that much and sharing my down side.  Sometimes it helps to just let it out.

I did come to share a card I made this weekend.   The Paper Shelter is celebrating and the challenge is to make celebration cards.  This is one of the stamp companies where I've bought digis and never colored them so I decided to play along.



Isn't she cute?!!  I thought purple hair would look good. I really like these colors together.

Take care.

Challenges entered:
The Paper Shelter - Celebrations
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge - Rainbow Bright
OSAAT - Use a Digi
PanPastel - Happy Birthday
CMC - Girly


free logo - http://www.sparklee.com

11 comments:

  1. Hi,Lawren. I am so sorry to come back and heatr you are having a difficult time but it is best to let it out -- we all know that these are troubling times -- I've just been through an ordeal myself.

    I'll be sending up knee-mails and keeping you in my thoughts. I am so glad you have such good neighbors willing to help, not many people would do anything to help these days -- yes, you are blessed! And, you'll continue to be blessed in many other ways because you can see your blessings. We all get tested and have to just get through it. You have support, another blessing, to go through it with you. I'll be back to check in on you, my friend!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to comment on your adorable card! I like the purple hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super gorgeous designed card thanks for sharing it with us at PanPastel Uk Challenge blog this week.I hope things get better for you soon life is tough sometimes ((((HUGS))))

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card in beautiful colours. All the best for the future. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lawren, your colouring is fantastic, love your colour scheme.
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter's 100 Challenge.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lawren,
    Sorry you are going through such a rough time right now, hope things look up soon.

    Your card is adorable. Love the bright fun hair. Thanks for joining the Rainbow Bright challenge at the Corrosive Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab card you've created, Lawren. thank you for joing us at OSAAT with your purple haired beauty. Jennie DT. PS hope there is some improvement in your life real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love your card.

    Thank you for joining us at CMC! Hope to see you again soon.

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, love the image she certainly looks like she has the Rock attitude, loving the pink hair. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fab i love the purple hair . Fab image love the colouring . Hope life takes a turn for the better soon. Will be thinking of you. Thanks for sharing at Osaat hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the hair! Awesome colour scheme with the paper. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again!
    So sorry to hear of your troubles hun. My hubby and I have been down the "layed off due to cutbacks" road twice; the last time we filed for bankruptcy. Something will come along; stay strong and have faith.
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete