Friday, January 6, 2012

Doing the Happy Dance

Yes, I am doing the happy dance today. Can you see me? It's the weekend and school opens back up on Monday. I am a very happy Momma!

I wanted to share a card today using A Day For Daisies image. This is such a sweet little image and reminds me of those childhood games we used to play.
A friend and I were talking the other day about games we used to play as a child; hopscotch, king of the mountain, stick ball (if you grew up in the city like I did), double dutch. My daughter just looked at us like we were speaking another language. They have no idea how to play outside. TV, MP3's and video games are her constant friends. Sad, just sad.


Oh, well, they don't know what they are missing.

Take care.




Challenges entered:
ADFD - Pastels

If the Shoe Fits - Use Your old Stash (I used Jute twine and rhinestones)

The Pink Elephant - Anything Goes

The Poodles Parlour - Button Up




Glitter Text - http://www.sparklee.com

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. I love the image. I know what you mean about the kids. It's pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, great colouring.Brings back many wonderful memories.Thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is just darling! I love it! So girly and sweet. I love how you colored it too! What a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your colouring matches the DP you used! Thanks for joining us for our "Pretty Pastels" Challenge at A Day for Daisies.

    luv'n'huggz
    jen leeflang
    ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favourite adfd images and you have done it great justice. I love ths shading on the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lawren, glad you joined us for ADFDs Pastel Challenge. What a lovely card. I know what games you are talking about. My fav was Red Rover. They don't know what they are missing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely Lawren! I love the soft way you colored the images. Thanks so much for sharing it with us for the ADFD challenge!

    ReplyDelete