Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In Memory

Hi all. I missed an important anniversary in our family. One year ago on April 29th, Bugsy passed away. I was wondering why out of the blue Cee started talking about him...the anniversary had just passed. His presence in our lives is always with us, just under the surface. I still find myself coming in and immediately turning to his favorite perch right inside the window. My heart knows he's not there but my head still says to turn and look.

I made a photo card of Bugsy. I'll never mail it anywhere just stick it in my scrapbook to look at and remember. I remember buying this image from Meljen Designs right after he passed away but I could not bring myself to do anything with it. So in loving memory of Bugsy, here is my card.




Challenges entered:
Meljen Designs - Tall Card

Card Makin' Mama's - For a Loved One
Paper Playtime - Tall Card

Papertake Weekly - Punches


Glitter Text - http://www.sparklee.com


7 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card, Lawren, although for a sad occasion unfortunately. Thank you for sharing it with us at CMM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for sharing Bugsy with all of us. Such a beautiful card and I hope it always brings your sweet memories. Love the colors and the splash of red. Thank You for sharing with us at MelJens in our Long-Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good way to honor your furry friend.

    Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime
    Krista, guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel... I recently lost my bird, Anakin and I still wake up wondering why I don't hear him chirping... Your card is beautiful and a lovely way to remember your beloved pet.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card and a wonderful friend to say goodbye to a loved member of your family!
    Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Lawren love the colour combo thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, Lawren. I remember what it's like to lose a fur baby. This is a beautiful tribute!

    ReplyDelete