Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone. Can the weekend go any faster? How come two days during the week, doesn't feel like the two days of the weekend?

Just wanted to share my card for the Crafting with Deedee weekly challenge. The challenge this week was to use the colors, orange, green and yellow. My colors look funky in this photo, but I promise those are the colors I used.



Supplies: Cardstock - DCWV; PP - Making Memories; Sketch - Fairy Knoll; Image and Sentiment - Deedee's Creations; Punches - Fiskars, Marvy Uchida, The Paper Studio; Ribbon - Dollar Tree; Rhinestones - Studio 18


This was such a sweet image to work with. I tried two new things with this card. First, I used marker on the bear. I know that doesn't sound new, but it is to me because most of my coloring is pencil or chalk. I have been practicing with markers and finally achieved an image I was happy with. My second thing is the rolled ribbon. I've seen this on other blogs and every time I wanted to use this treatment of the ribbon mine didn't look like what I saw. So again I kept practicing. So that's my new mantra, practice, practice, practice.

I also used the baby oil blending on the tree.

Challenge entered:
52-Card Pickup - Simplify

Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
Other Lovelies - Digi
One Stitch at a Time - As You like it/Anything Goes

free glitter - http://www.sparklee.com

6 comments:

  1. The colors look terrific on my end, Lawren! What a darling card! Wonderful coloring, and such sweet accents with the rolled ribbon and the butterfly center on it. You have such a positive attitude about crafting -- I love the things you make now, and look forward to seeing more as you "practice, practice, practice!" Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewhat a fab card! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at OSAAT! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love the layout and the dp you've used! It's true that "practice makes perfect" - your coloring and ribbon look great! Thanks for adding your card to the challenge on 52CP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Really love the rolled ribbon! Thanks for playing along at other lovelies thoughtful thursdays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LAwren, Your card is stunning and beautiful. I love it (image and colour, charm and ribbon)!!
    Great Job.
    Many thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.
    Good Luck.
    Hugs from Poland,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and cute card Lawren! Thanks for sharing with us this weeks "Anything Goes" challenge at One Stitch At A Time! hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete