Monday, August 2, 2010

A Day at Home...

YES! It's not often I get a day at home, but I did today. I had a horrible cough going on - yep, it's bronchitis. I am feeling better and I want to thank everyone for the well wishes. So to make my day productive, I got a couple cards done.


First, my weekly card for Stretch N Bubbles weekly challenge. This one means a lot to me because my best friend and her family just moved back to the East Coast from California. I am too excited, this means I can now drive to go visit them. So this card is for my BFF, LOL!


Supplies: Cardstock - The Paper Company; PP - Doodlebug Designs; Ribbon - Offray, Details (Dollar Tree), JoAnn's; Word Art - Rhonda Gale; Image - Stretch N Bubbles; Die cuts - Sizzix; White Gel Pen - Uniball

The quote is from Maya Angelou and one of my DT friends (Rhonda) made it into word art for me. It went perfectly with the little house from SNB this week. Also, the ribbon roses are a new thing. Sherri posted this easy to follow tutorial on how to make them and D2D is sponsoring a handmade embellishment challenge over at CDAC, so these are an added bonus. Finally I found some handmade flower that I can make and that I think are pretty. My flowers have been making sad.



My next card was a " I have to get this done" card.


Supplies: Cardstock - Bazzill; PP - Sandylion Desings; Brads - JoAnn's; Flowers - Oriental Trading & Prima; Die cuts - Sizzix; Shimmerz; Image - Doodle Dragon Studios; Cuttlebug Embossing folder; Sentiment - Aud Sentiment; Rhinestones - Darice; Stickles


The image is from Stamping Dragon Designs. I have had this image forever and never did anything with it, so today I played and I really like how this turned out. You can't see it very well in the photo but there is shimmer all over the place on this card. A girl has got to have her Bling! They are also having a DT call, so I will be entering this card there as well.

OK, off to go to bed. Work in the morning, UGH!


free glitter - http://www.sparklee.com


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Lawren. (BTW I love the way your name is spelled!) Great job on the coloring and I love all the sparkle and bling on the card! Thanks for entering your card into our DT call at Stamping Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card love sparkle thanks for entering out DT call.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lawren, I hope you're feeling MUCH BETTER!! Do take good care of yourself! :)

    I really like the quote you used on this lovely card!... We ALL need a safe place to be ourselves & call HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sparkle and bling are great in your card love it Good luck in the Dt Call Lawren :)

    Hugs Janette
    Stamping Dragon Designs

    ReplyDelete