Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Another First

I am so excited because I keep delighting myself by trying new things. Not just in crafting but in life in general. I hit a milestone birthday (I think it's a milestone) and I decided to stop holding myself back from at least trying things out. So that has been my mission in 2010 to try new things. I may not do everything well or even like what I do, but I want to try everything. So this is my first tent topper card. Yay me! It was super easy (just like the easel card), next I am going to try a true tent card. Found a tutorial on splitcoast stamper that I am going to try.





Supplies: Cardstock - The Paper Company; PP - Making Memories; Punch - EK Success; Ribbon - JoAnn's; Rhinestones - Darice; Nestabilities die cut; Image - Designed 2 Delight

This is the digi from Designed to Delight. It's a month progressive challenge. I am enjoying these progressive challenges. You never know what you are going to get so you have to be prepared for anything and it might even make you try something new. LOL!


Challenge entered:
Double Delight - Pitch a tent
Meljen's Designs - Circles Galore
Speedy cat - Use a die cut
Pile it On - My favorite Things (Bling, rhinestones)
TownScrapper - Tent Card
Alphabet Challenge - J is for Jewels


This card is a first in a way as well. This is the first time I used an image from Some Odd Girl stamps. I love how this turned out.






Challenge entered:
CAS-tastic Challenge - Use Kraft
Prairie Fairy - Anything Goes

Practical Scrappers - Animation, Chracters, cartoons

Craftalicious - Cute

free glitter - http://www.sparklee.com

19 comments:

  1. Such a cute monster card! Love the background paper and the big ol' green guy in the front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawren,
    I love your adorable cards!!! The tent topper is so cute / sweet! I remember when I first started crafting, that was one of my first out of the box projects as well, so it brought back good memories and smiles. I remember being so excited to show my hubby the little note cards :D I LOVE your green monster card! ADORABLE!!!

    Thank you so much for hopping yesterday with us at Fresh Brewed Designs and adding the badge to the your blog.
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are just adorable Lawren!

    Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays this week!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are great!!!! I love the purple and aqua together, such a perfect card!!!!
    The little monster is so cute.....
    Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toooooo cute!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday "Krafty Kreations" Clean and Simple card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for trying something new! Your cards are darling. I love the digital image of your monster. Thanks for sharing it with us at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go trying new things Lawren. Love the tent topper. Such pretty colors you used. Glad you joined us at D2D this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice tent topper card. They aren't to hard, once you;ve tried them. That monster made me laugh! Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are fresh and new and good for you trying new things. Best wishes on the next new endeavor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great cards Lawren......congrats on your milestone!......thanks for joining FFF and hope to see you next week again!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge again xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Lawren and congrats on your new resolution! Both cards are fabulous. Loving the tent topper card and as I've never tried one, I think you've inspired me to give it a try. Thanks for playing along with us at The TownScrapper. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. The monster card is adorable! Three cheers for you for trying new things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic colours and card design! Thank you for joining us at Meljen's - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are really nice!
    Thank you for joining us at "PIO" this week!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cards, Lawren! Love your tent topper - those are such fun cards!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Circles Galore challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete