Thursday, June 3, 2010

Slowing Down?

I thought after the big Blog Hop I was going to slow down. It hasn't happened. What is going on? Those who talk to me daily, know this already. My cat Bugsy died on Saturday May 29th. He had had a stroke and it was just more humane to let him go than to keep him here with us, caring for him. My daughter is taking it real hard, harder than I thought she would. I thought I would be the wreck but really Bugsy was the first pet she has ever known and she misses him. I keep finding her places he used to sit and she's crying a lot. He was a really great friend for 17 years; he could be mean too if you didn't know him, but he was the greatest.

We got home after taking him to the vet and there were these beautiful flowers blooming all around the yard. I have been in my house 2 years and have never seen these flowers bloom.


Ok, onto the next project. This next image has been on my mind. I have been waiting to play with it. There are some really talented stamp designers out there and Meljen designs is one of them. I like her stamps.

Ok, off to get in more coloring time. The Girl went to sleep as soon as we got home so it's also quiet. I'm going to play!

Challenges entered:
Stamp Something - Stamp something Digi
365 Cards - Color Scheme
The Pink Elephant - Use bright colors
Your Next Stamp - Border punch



free glitter - http://www.sparklee.com

2 comments:

  1. REALLY cute Lawren! LOVE this image and GREAT colors. So story about your cat - I know the feeling - our 12 year old dog had a stroke or heart attack before we had to put him down and he wasn't always the nicest, but he was ours. Many HUGS out to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such an adorable card. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete